Echelon Global intends to hire an experienced Senior Sales Manager with a proven track record in identifying and develop new market opportunities for the business. He should beup-to-date with industry best practices and standards ensuring prompt delivery and accuracy of daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to senior management.
Echelon Global is determined to peruse its growth strategy that require a highly motivated and organised individual to work alongside the Managing Director to acquire new talent for team building and ensure the smooth operations of the company. The role is based in Hamilton, Ontario.
The main objective of this role:
To lead, manage and direct a sales team and responsible for developing new business opportunities, retaining and growing relationship in existing account and building an effective customer engagement model. You will have an extensive understanding key business and related processes with detailed analytical skills to ensure desired results
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create aggressive sales call plans to acquire new clients.
- Motivate, lead and direct cross-functional support teams in fulfillment of customer requirements and achievement of sales objectives.
- Manage end-to-end operations & strategy for the respective accounts.
- Generate new leads through strong prospecting practice.
- Responsible for further expansion plans.
- Sales Forecasting and budget preparation; ongoing monitoring of performance against targets
- Carry out strategic planning to grow sales and demonstrate a long-term vision for each market
- Leading a team of sales professionals, responsible for ensuring that the sales team is optimally structured to meet all monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Work in partnership with the People & Culture team to recruit, train and develop the Sales Management and Sales Team Members
- Deliver monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to communicate departmental success.
- Ongoing mentoring and development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training duties
- Identify hiring and competency / skills gaps in Sales team
- Excellent track record of prospecting and closing deals in IT and Telecom service industry.
- A deep understanding of handling key banking and financial industry solutions
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in selling enterprise software solutions or services, ideally selling IaaS and or PaaS
- Must possess detailed understanding of the payment gateway mechanism, Security and Surveillance Systems
- Experience with software in an SaaS environment including any experience with accounting, sales force automation, marketing campaigns and E-Commerce
- Related application experience in addition to some exposure to one or more of the following: SAP, Oracle Financials, QuickBooks, Great Plains, Microsoft Dynamics, Intacct, SalesForce.com, MAS 90/500.
- Solid experience in organizational Change Management and/or business mapping and reengineering in support or in conjunction with a major business or IS initiative
- Competencies in building value proposition and positioning strong proposals.
- Project Management, including planning and delivery of NetSuite or other cloud-related engagements including configuration, process re-engineering, support escalation, and Q&A
- Document business processes, business mapping, business requirements and meeting notes
- Strong analytical approach with proven track record of effective problem solving skills.
- Computer literate with strong experience of using MS Office.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to accept responsibility for own learning and development including continuous professional development.
- Strong decision making skills with proven background in account penetration, and retention, sales direction, revenue and profit growth, preferably in the ICT and Telecom sector.
- Extensive organisational skills and a diligent attention to detail essential.
- Possess influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills.
- Effective oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Knowledge and Education:
- University Master’s degree with a focus in Business Administration, Business Management or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 18 years’ experience in a strategic sales and sales management role within a complex and fast-paced business environment.
- A suitable candidate will also demonstrate experience in working with pre-sales and post sales teams in order to increase account reach and market depth by establishing appropriate strategies that lead to the achievement of goals and targets.
- Managerial skills including selection, coaching and counselling team members, evaluating performance, team building, allocating and coordinating resources.
Echelon Global is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Echelon Global is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.